This week's meeting was a little light on the range but not missing any of the depth.
Some Topics discussed in Clubhouse SEO Fundamentals:
- How do you rank better in Google My Business (GMB) for specific keywords?
- Complete descriptions in all the fields using the keyword you want to be ranked for.
- Photos with descriptions and alt text
- Contact info completed
- Be careful not to misrepresent anything because you can be suspended.
- If you are suspended, reach out to GMB support.
- A person was starting on the web and wants to do affiliate marketing. Is there a guide or best practice?
- Basically, this is beyond the scope of SEO basics.
- That said, the recommendation follows to create quality content that actually adds value to the web visitor.
- Once you build a base of followers and have some traffic, you can add some affiliate links.
- Make sure you have a reason for your affiliate marketing page.
- What are some SEO tips for Artists?
- Describe your work with words when you can.
- Make sure your images sizes are not too large.
- Create a website that meets a variety of visitor's needs.
- Be sure to include narrative elements where you can
- Show people the process from concept to completion
- Classy Schema, what is it?
- It's found here: https://classyschema.org/.
- It tells search engines what the pages are about and suggests how the web search bots should read your page.
- It's a way of helping the search bots contextualize what is on your website.
- Search Engines may ignore your signals.
- There are quite a few schemas, and the standards are in flux.
- WordPress, how do you organize the Categories Pages for SEO benefit?
- It depends on what template you are using and how you want the pages displayed.
- Ideally, pages are nested under categories like buckets.
- Categories should be high-level and encompass a wide breadth of sub-categories.
- Categories should be treated as a directory page and should follow normal SEO processes.
- Also, include some intro texts and warm people up to learn more about the links to the posts themselves.
SEO Fundamentals Frequent Moderators for the day:
|Joshua Monge (Me)||https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrjdmonge/|
Senior-level SEO consultant that enjoys helping businesses learn how to SEO their website since 2007. I have over 20 years of experience helping business owners realize their goals through process development, data-driven decision-making, and simplifying complex processes.