A Guide to Keyword Reporting Tools and Why They are Important for Marketers
Introduction: What is a Keyword Reporting Tool?
A keyword reporting tool or software can find the keyword phrases "most often searched" for on Google Search, also known as Google Keyword Planner reports.
Keyword research is an integral part of any successful content marketing campaign. It helps you understand what your audience is looking for, what content searchers want to consume, and what you should be producing to satisfy their needs.
Many programs are available for conducting this research, but one of the most popular ones is Ahrefs Keywords Explorer.
What are the Best Features of a Good Keyword Research Tool?
- A good keyword research tool will find keywords in title only, content, or both. This data will help you create well-optimized articles and blog posts.
- A good keyword research tool should be free to download and use. One advantage for many people who do not want to spend money on something they don't know whether or not they'll like.
- A good keyword research tool should be easy to use and understand. As Marketers, we want our time spent using this software to be as quick and straightforward as possible so we can get back to writing!
- A good keyword research tool should give you search volume and estimated traffic data.
- A good keyword research tool should give you data on competitive levels and difficulties.
- A good keyword research tool should give you data on Pay per click costs and average cost, should you want to engage in PPC efforts.
How to Choose a Keyword Research Tool that Suits Your Needs?
We have compiled a list of the best free keyword research tools you can use. We recommend that you use these free keyword research tools to get a feel for what is out there and then decide what tool suits your needs the best.
Each of these programs has its strengths and weaknesses. Most of these programs offer a freemium option. Give them a try before you buy.
Why Keyword Reporting Tools are Important for Marketers
Keyword reporting tools help marketers understand more about search terms and phrases people use to find products and services. In addition, these tools can provide insight into competitive levels, Cost-Per-Click value and give a frame of reference for the breadth and depth of a market.
When used as a feedback tool, you can test and get data on a variation of keywords and have these tools search from variations, different spellings, and common misplesslings.
Keyword research is more than an SEO tool; it's a form of market research that can enhance any online marketing efforts.
Conclusion: Selecting the Right Keyword Reporting Software will undoubtedly have a Positive Impact on your Business
Researching keywords and having a reporting tool will help you with your content creation efforts. You can start using keywords that people are using as search terms, modify existing content to incorporate these words, or use these words to create new content.
Keyword reporting software has become an indispensable tool for digital marketers. They use these programs to measure their ROI, keyword rankings, competitor analysis, etc.
Need some help with Keyword Research?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Senior-level SEO consultant that enjoys helping businesses learn how to SEO their website since 2007. I have over 20 years of experience helping business owners realize their goals through process development, data-driven decision-making, and simplifying complex processes.